Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Lord works in Mysterious Ways

...yet, if you're eyes are open, you may find those seemingly mysterious ways are more obvious! But often in our busy lives we walk with our eyes closed. Our mind is busy thinking of the next thing on our list (or the next 10 things on our list).

This is especially true in the life of a mother with young children. If we mother and wife and house keep with our spiritual eyes closed, though, then we will miss the full vision scope of the beautiful portrait that is our life! And how the Artist does love when His whole work is appreciated.

Are you aware of God's action in your daily life? Are you aware that He is ALWAYS present, with you at every moment, regardless of whether you choose to acknowledge Him or not? Its worth pondering. We should always be evaluating our spiritual eyesight.

Jesus, my Lord, open my eyes to the wonders of your Love. Reveal to me the countless ways you shower me with love, through my home, through my children, through circumstances, friends, events...you are always there. Draw my soul into you, Lord. How easily the eyes of my soul become unfocused. Teach me to come to you daily, in private prayer and meditation, and to better frequent your Holy Sacraments, which are Your healing tools, O' Great Physician.

Open my eyes, Lord. I want to see you. I want to see you in the joys, the smiles, the tears, the moments when I feel like I'm going to break. You are always there.

Thank you for loving me, sweet Jesus. Teach me to love you more.

No comments:

Post a Comment