Friday, September 2, 2011

Time with Kids

I am pondering this quote this morning, from none other than our beloved Holy Father:

A child needs loving attention. This means that we must give children some of our time, the time of our life…To have time and to give time- this is for us a very concrete way to learn to give oneself, to lose oneself in order to find oneself." (Pope Benedict XVI, December 22, 2006)

What a great summary of how the Lord has been leading me. He's been leading, as I mentioned before, in the virtue of simplicity. Exterior simplicity, simplicity of schedule, simplicity of goals, yes...but interior simplicity, simplicity of demeanor (that comes from the heart), and simplicity of faith. How much I can learn from my innocent children about how to have faith.

Today I will look them in their eyes, the gateway to their soul, and seek to give each a few moments of the very unique and personal attention that each desperately and unknowingly needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment