Monday, April 25, 2011

Daybook- a Monday (or Sunday evening) ritual

I am wearing:
Light weight pajama pants and a plain white t-shirt on this warm Easter evening!

I am thinking:
How grateful I am that Jesus my Lord is Risen! And how nice it is to finally say ALLELUIA again! Also how blessed I am to have had a houseful of family and friends on this joyous occasion. Since moving here (away from family) almost 4 years ago, Easter Sundays have been a bit more lonely than what we had been used to. But not today! Today, my home echoed with friendly chatter, laughter, children playing, dishes clanging, and wine glasses tinkering. My parents and younger brother and sister are in town, and we had some friends over, too. Such a lovely Easter Sunday, to add to the joy of the Resurrection!

In the Kitchen:
Evidence of our wonderful Easter Feast of Roast Leg of Lamb, potatoes, asparagus, salad, and an amazing dairy-free carrot cake with...wait for it....drum roll...delicious dairy free coconut frosting that we (my mom and I) creatively improvised! I'll try to post the end-recipe later.


I am grateful for:
* That Jesus Christ conquered sin and death and the hope He therefore brings me!
* A loving husband
* The shining eyes of my 5 year old when she exclaimed "Alleluia! He is Risen!" today, and her reverence for which she bows her head to pray the rosary, as well as how beautifully she participates in the Mass.
* The squeals from my almost 3 year old every time she found an egg...you'd think she won the lottery, when really each egg had a few cents in it! Ah, the simple joys of childhood.
* an excited 5 year old feeling special after a neighborhood walk alone with her Granddad
* Our 11 month old girlie on her first Easter, and her cute chubby feet that won't fit into any Easter shoes
*Mornings at a park with a beautiful lake and a plethora of wildlife to obesrve

Toward Rhythem and Beauty:
Rhythm is pretty much going out the door for a few weeks. Grandma is in town, and so are Aunt K and Uncle T (ages 11 and 9). Then, darling daughter #2 has surgery on Friday, therefore putting any simblance of "routine" out the window for a while...but giving me plenty of good time to explore beauty around us with the kids, especially while tending to our organic gardens!

I am reading:
"The Life of Mary As Seen by the Mystics."
Its not required "Catholic" belief, but its not incompatible with it either, as the Holy Church has deemed. I find it to be enriching my personal relationship with the Blessed Mother.

I am praying:
For a smooth prep, surgery, and recovery for my sweet little girl. A couple hour surgery for a wee one is no parent's dream. And yet, I am grateful for good medical treatment for her situation. It will be a painful recovery, but God will get us through. I'll suffer it right along with her. I wish I could suffer it FOR her. My sweet baby. Here she is:



I am creating:
Space in my house! I have been accomplishing, gradually, what I call "THE BIG PURGE." Can you guess what I've been doing? SIMPLIFYING my surroundings! Ridding our house of excess "stuff." Of course, I have to do this when my loving husband can take the kids out for a few hours so they don't see me throwing things away. When they come home, they are amazed and excited at the reorganization and have no idea that anything is missing!

Precious Moments in Time:






My children with their aunt and uncle (my little brother and sister) on Easter Morning.


Our Family: Easter 2011

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh! She is SOOOO chubby! What a beautiful family, inside and out. I miss you dear friend! Glad you had such a great Easter Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful Easter Jessica. I'm glad you had a full house. I enjoyed your recap.

    ReplyDelete