Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Come out, Come out, wherever you are!

Today I think God is hiding in the piles of laundry. So much to do, so little time to do it. Wish I could just get 30 minutes of quiet time for prayer, and maybe I will during nap time, but as of right now its not looking promising. And then there's the piles of laundry looming over me like big mountains that are about to come crashing in. Yes, it is that bad.

Sometimes I wonder how I could possibly find God in my chores. I'm reminded of Christ the worker. He lived at home with his parents until he was 30 years old! That's a long time to live at home. I think he did that just for us stay at home moms, because by doing so he sanctified the normal responsibilities and duties of home life. Ora et Labore: Work and pray. So much easier said than done if you ask me.

So today I don't have much to say except that I am reminded that the Lord gave me my vocation to Motherhood, and so I am meant to find Him in the normal and mundane (and I mean MUNDANE) responsibilities of my home.

Blessed Teresa of Calcutta (one of my personal favorites) said, "Whatever you do in your family, for your children, for your husband, for your wife, you do for Jesus."

I once heard a woman say that for every article of clothing that she folded she prayed for the family member to whom that clothing belonged. I think I'll try that today- it would certainly bring more meaning to the laundry which haunts me and which I normally look for every excuse to avoid!

Book to check out on the side-bar: "Grace Cafe."- a beautiful book of "recipes" for faithful mothering.

No comments:

Post a Comment