Sunday, May 27, 2012

A Special Mary's Month this year

Every year our family has enjoyed practicing extra devotion to the Blessed Mother during the month of May. This year proved particularly special, and a quick overview will reveal why I haven't posted since April! On May 2, we commemorated the one year anniversary of our 2nd daughter's emergency surgery, and the day that Mary revealed her presence to us. We celebrated this special day with a procession to our backyard grotto, an abundance of flowers for Mary, a raising of our voices in "Hail Holy Queen" and a rosary gathered around our grotto. On Wednesday, May 9th, at 6:15 in the morning, after just 4 hours of labor we welcomed our first son into the world! He was born happily and safely at home in the water. His 3 big sisters were gathered around with smiles from ear to ear. This little guy literally has 3 little mamas for big sisters! One little peep from his lips and his sisters rush to his side in a split second from all areas of the house! He is our light and our joy, and is dedicated to Our Lady of the Rosary.
On Thursday, May 24, our 3rd daughter turned 2! She is dedicated to the child Mary.
Tomorrow, May 28, our 2nd daughter turns 4! She is dedicated to Mary Queen of Heaven. Tonight I reflect back on the night I labored with her inside, and how at her birth I feared for her life. It was after several Hail Mary's that she finally took her breath. She is also the one who remembers in detail how Mary "held her" during her surgeries last year. As I sit here tonight in my bed, with my little prince in a sleeping ball on my chest, and my 2 year old awaiting sleep nearby, I cannot help but reflect on the amazing gifts we have received this month in each of these blessings. Our family has grown with the addition of one more tiny person with tiny fingers and tiny toes, and therefore our hearts have also grown and expanded. Tonight my prayer is that I will never forget how very real Mary is for our family. How present she is. How true she is to her word. I do not deserve all these blessings: An amazing husband in whom I am growing more in awe and love with each day, and these 4 little people that fill my days with joy. I am unworthy of the honor of being entrusted with these souls that are on loan to me from the Creator. And yet, here they are, under my roof. And I remind myself that God's grace is sufficient. That with Him, in Him, and through Him, I can and will serve my family to the best of my ability, and He will take care of the rest.
Oh Blessed Mother, thank you for being my Mother every step along the way. With you by my side I walk a little straighter.

4 comments:

  1. BLOGGER messed up my paragraphs and made it look like one long paragraph. That is NOT due to my lack of editing!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful month, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to get to see your precious son at last! Can't wait to see more pictures or see him in person...whichever comes first! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jessica! This is Rhonda cousin Danny's wife. Been thinking about you guys recently since I knew you were welcoming a new baby in May so I decided to look you up! First off congrats on your little man he looks just precious! Love that family photo! Can't believe how big the girls are! Time flies! Anyways glad to see you all are doing well! Hope we get to see you all again maybe before those kids graduate college haha. Take care!

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete